2015 m. liepos 16 d., ketvirtadienis

Bosnian trip



This summer is great time to be in Brno and Czech Republic overall – not too hot (most of the time), not too cold and only sometimes rainy. Most of coffees and pubs have terraces open and only minus is that smoking is still not prohibited there, although hopefully it will come to an end soon. There’s law in progress to prohibit smoking in restaurants and other eating places.
I finally took my much deserved and long overdue vacation and went to Bosnia for a week with few friends. That was exciting and on the same time exhausting time and our trip was very intensive – there were no lying down in the sun included most of the time we were hiking and having short stops in various towns to run around.
Due to my habit to see as much as possible and inability to drag my feet I was separated from group most of the time and going on my own speed. Also it was only way to be with myself for a while and just relax without talking to anybody.
Our route was Banja Luka – Jajce- Travnik – Sarajevo – Konjac – Visegrad – Mostar – Mokra Hora (in Serbia) – Trebinje – Dubrovnik (Croatia, as last stop) and some other places, whose name I don’t remember as I had no time to memorize. We also visited some nature parks and did one hardcore hike in mountains (I thought I am in good shape, but my feet was hurting for 2 days afterwards). It’s amazing how sporty and nature loving Czech people are – all group was very prepared with outdoors clothes and other special equipment and was going at quite fast speed (whole group being somewhere 40-70 years old).
It’s hard to decide which place I liked the most as there were not much time to properly enjoy any of them. Sarajevo didn’t leave me an impression as strong as I thought it would – it’s nice but very touristic city with everything other smaller towns has, except old abandoned Olympic buildings. But now I can put mark in my list ‘visited’. What I really liked about all these towns is stone everywhere and beautiful architecture. People in Bosnia also is imprinted in my memory as very open hearted, helpful and friendly, which is amazing, keeping in mind that they survived horrible sieges, wars and famines.