2012 m. lapkričio 25 d., sekmadienis

Being thankful

On satuday aside from becoming one year older i experienced my first american thanksgiving party there in Brno. I was invited by lovely american lady whom i met there in Brno over my third day there. Now i understand craziness about that celebration as traditional dinner was simply delicious - turkey, sweet potatos, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and other stuff i never tried before. Even after goodling i don't fully understand roots of that tradition, especially why in USA and Canada it has different dates.
I also started working. I love that in my job we are not allowed to gossip and to talk about company stuff, so people actually go to work at work, not to disturb others by gossiping. My team is really nice and helpful, so i expecially enjoy learning a lot. I just didn't ever thought that i will find my dream work enviroment there, in Czech republic. Guess people's character and mentality adds a lot to that. Maybe in Lithuania works is always a finght as most people are negative most of the time and just lashes out at collegues. I remember how stressful it was for me to work in female company (there was one guy, but he left for the same reason as me) while all of them was fighting and gossiping all the time, as well as drinking at work and not respecting anyone, even themselves. I think i escaped just in time before becoming negative angry woman myself.
Since i'm new at job, my first holiday will be in half a year. That means Christmas will be celebrated there. While i'm not religious person myself, i will definitely miss my grandmother, mom and my guinea pigs (they should have babies around december according to my mom). I think i will find something via Couchsurfing events as there will be many foreigners stuck there.
I'm not really disappointed by that as i learned more living on my own and had more positive experiences than while living at parent's place in Vilnius. Also now i have much better opinion about myself as well as do my relatives. Just my mom is still woried how i'm doing and constantly sending my money and asking if i eat properly.