2012 m. gruodžio 1 d., šeštadienis

Never trust the one who does not trust you

Just had probably one of most stressful experiences there in Brno, which proves that people on Couchsurfing are not exactly hospitable. Especially when it involves money.
To start with, when i arrived there, i was looking for place to rent. I found one via couchsurfing group. I didn't like guy at instant, as he was paranoid and hysteric, but decided to go with it after concultation with lawyer. At first that guy wanted us to sign contract which involved only obligations for me, but no rights and i would have been considered responsible even for force majeure. Thankfully later he decided to use brain and our final contract was o.k. I paid deposid and finally he took off. He was acting extremely weid and clingy - invited me as a friend on facebook and constantly asked annoying questions. Even asked to take some stuff from his not very tidy friend who just dropped stuff on the floor after coming in.
The guy finally decided he wanted to come three days earlier. I wrote o.k. if you want to return me money paid for these days as i have no reason to trust you (because of him being clingy and not providing copy of his i.d. document while insisting for mine). Then he got hysterical and demanded me to drop my plans to wait for him. Also he decided he helped me and did favor by renting me a flat and wanted to keep my money because of that stupid idea. In the end i agreed to come over the flat if he paid me my money first and he said o.k. Seem he's also a lier as he tried to take off with my money after taking keys, but came back after i told him i would call police as our contract was still valid and he had no right to be there.
Moral of the story - don't trust  clingy people who decides they are doing you a favor by taking your money.
On more positive note - my current flatmates are just great, even bit loud at times. And we have a not very smart cat. I even can use post box as my grandmother does not know a thing about email.
Now i finally can realax and be happy that i don't have to deal with that creepy guy any longer and can just enjoy life there and wait till i will be able to actually start working. For that i need awful lots of acesses and since it was end of month people were very busy and not exactly able to answer my questions so i did lots of self education. Hopefully my manager won't be angry that i was not exactly useful.
I would like to meet some more people there and maybe learn czech language so i started looking for tandem partner. I plan to go to English pub night to maybe meet somebody willing to help with my czech. It seems that people, even young, are not very good with english there so even some not very smart ones keeps insulting me telling that i speak with english with russian accent, my english is still much better that theirs.

Going to post is always adventure there as they don’t speak much English so it’s hard to explain what I want. Today I went with note prepared with Google translate. Luckily today the only English speaker in my post office was working, so I got my letter from grandma (all my mail went to post office and I had to go and ask for it as I had no post box). Also I bought box for parcel as I’m still not sure if I will be able to go home for Christmas and probably will send something home.