2015 m. sausio 14 d., trečiadienis

No nostalgia

Just this week I started waking up after wonderful three weeks vacation in my homeland. This time it was so long partially to cover non-visiting for month, partially because I really really really needed rest. Somehow visiting Lithuania always makes me more sad than nostalgic as nothing changes there. Same streets, same non logical price increase, same people attitude, partially caused by our same bullish talking and doing politicians. I felt totally at home once some old lady hit me in the trolleybus without muttering a word. Most of my time there was spent with family as almost all of my friends already emigrated due to reasons mentioned above.
The best part of my vacation was awesome trip organized by my uncle. Main goal was to visit different Christmas trees in different towns – Vilnius, Kaunas, Klaipeda, Palanga, Jonava, Siauliai, Alytus, Panevezys, Marijampole and Mazeikiai. Few of them – Alytus, Mazeikiai and Jonava I visited for a first time. It was nice to meet some cool people and see how people decorate trees in different towns. Somehow in my opinion smallest towns did the best job – for example my favourite was Alytus who has big, well lit and simply decorated Christmas tree. Siauliai was plain boring. In Marijampole tree was decorated with reflectors. While it was snowy and rather cold my favorite part was seaside – seeing stormy see after 2,5 years and walking in snow so strong it was rather hard to see the way.