2015 m. rugsėjo 24 d., ketvirtadienis

"Refugees"



Biggest news stories nowadays are related with ‘refugees’ from Syria and few other countries. Naturally lots of people immediately felt sorry for them and started donating or judging some EU countries who limited migrant flow. I wrote ‘refugees’ as most of these people in my opinion are purely economic migrants who don’t really run from war, but look for better life and countries with biggest social support that’s the reason why instead of choosing countries good for working people like Croatia, Hungary, Czech republic they are desperate to reach Germany, Sweden or UK. Nothing different from economic migrants in Europe. This situation is one of the reasons why I didn’t get emotional about ‘sad, scared, poor people running from war’ propaganda. I ran myself looking for better life but since I was planning to work, not rely on social support, Czech Republic was just perfect choice. UK social support system is so poorly organized that looks soon one working person there will support two-three freeloaders.  I understand Hungary and Croatia protecting their boarders from people who just complains and trashes their territory and rarely even says ‘thank you’. Protecting oneself or family is not the reason to expect everything to be handled on silver plate.


I wonder what will be long term effect of this influx. Mix of nationalities and religions – for sure. But how it will affect social support and job markets? Are most of EU countries ready? I just think that forcing quotas are definitely not best way to deal with situation –some countries simply don’t have resources to provide enough support for such huge amounts of people.  Some, like Serbia just forces people into neighbors and then complains about their lack of enthusiasm. I read that lots of people were very judgmental about Hungary’s decision to build fence, but in my opinion that’s best way to protect country from being trashed. Country shouldn’t suffer purely for being on borderline of EU.