2012 m. sausio 17 d., antradienis

Points of view

I'm using couchsurfing site to meet people, travel and get new experiences for a few years already and only recently i was repulsed by what it turning into. In Vilnius cs group there was threatening messages agains gay people and later about sex tourims. Administrators are not reacting. Their answer was that they choose not to react because such stuff is illegal there and they are concerned about their safety. Several people asked me if i'm agains sex/people having sex overall and why it's upsetting me. It don't. I just believe this page is not for that and cs shouldn't support illegal activities.
However I became also concerned how foreigners would see my city and country if such threads would be ignored. Would they think it's normal? One woman said "About what I say about Baltics, is that there is an important sex tourism market, prostitution, that mainly attracts people from Northern countries." and i'm worried that more people might start thinking so because such post were not deleted only in Lithunian groups.
Due to that recent stress i'm off to get some nice experience so i'm going to Riga for a few days to rest and have fun with latvian language :)