2012 m. sausio 25 d., trečiadienis

"Politically correct"


Today I had discussion about racism wit one girl and realized how happy I am because I have no relations with that country and didn’t grow up in the box, seeing discrimination or negativity everywhere. I tried to understand her position knowing American point of view on ‘politically correct’ world, but just couldn’t force myself to call stereotypes and interpreting them ‘racism’. I met with many stereotypes myself during my life and travels. After telling where I’m from I always have to hear talk about beer drinking, sports, beautiful girls, crisis and yep, prostitution problem. Somehow seems that baltics are ‘popular’ for that, also stealing and killing, at least in Scandinavia and Britain. Still I don’t call it racism, just stereotypes or lack of knowledge. Like thinking that we are religious :D So, because I wasn’t trained to see negativity everywhere and do everything politically correct, I was called names multiple names because of my point of view or not seeing discrimination/racism/negativity where’s none. But is diversity bad?
Probably my refusal to change opinion without being provided arguments ends up to be called names in various websites. Yes, i have guilty pleasure - sometimes i write comments on websites like US magazine and Gossipcop. This resulted the idea that americans who comment in these websites are total idiots as everytime they don't know something (once i was called nazi when i stated that swastika is sign of sun in baltic countries for few thousands years already) or just don't agree with your opinion, instead of providing arguments they call you 'idiot', 'stupid' or just tells to shup up. And later whines about problem of cyber bullying. I think one should start with himself, otherwise such wining is just hypocritical.